Johns Hopkins Bloomberg, School of Public Health
The University of Chicago
United Nations Population Fund
National Institute of Health
International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
Centre for Population and Reproductive Health
The Centre for Population and Reproductive Health (CPRH) is a multidisciplinary centre established in 2002 through the collaborative effort of The College of Medicine, University of Ibadan and The Gates Institute at the Bloomberg School of Public Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore; USA with a focus of implementing training programs in reproductive health (RH) and population health as well as developmental issues. Over the years, CPRH has pioneered and provides leadership for acquisition of RH service and research skills and has been in the forefront of translation of research into practice aimed at improving the quality of maternal, newborn and child health in the country. The Centre thus contributes to strengthening of capacities in RH and Population policy and program formulation, development, management including coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
Since inception, the multidisciplinary nature of CPRH has enabled it to provide comprehensive cutting edge expertise on issues relating to population, sexual and reproductive health and rights some of which include but are not limited to
- Conduction of interdisciplinary research including surveys and clinical trials on reproductive health issues
- Introduction of innovative methods to improve uptake of reproductive health services (eg) Family planning
- Training on a wide range of reproductive and neonatal health issues (eg) neonates
- Conducting trainings on strategic leadership for health workers and managers
- Evaluation of national, regional and international reproductive health programs
- Project implementation, supportive supervision, monitoring and evaluation of reproductive health programs.