Oladosu OjengbedeDirector (CPRH)
College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria.
National Postgraduate Medical College, Nigeria in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, West African College of Surgeons, & Fellow, International College of Surgeon
Health Promotion and Education
Urogynaecology (including Obstetrics Fistula)
Professor Oladosu Ojengbede is a proven and recognized academic, a Consultant in Obstetrics/Gynaecology and the director of the Center for Population and Reproductive Health at the College Of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan. In the past 5 years, he has engaged in research into a number of interventional studies for reducing maternal/neonatal morbidity and mortality with the objective of identifying or developing best practices for replication. He actively pursued the development of training manuals in reproductive health for health care providers and have extensive experience in developing and implementing population-based studies. He has close partnerships with Nigerian Population Commission of Oyo State (where Ibadan is located), community leaders, and community advocacy organizations. Breast cancer has become an increasing focus of his work because of its link to women’s reproductive health.
- Director, Center for Population & Reproductive Health 2004 Till date
- Professor since 1992
- Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecology since 1982
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, USA 2002, 2010
- Aberdeen University, Scotland 1979 – 1980
- College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1967 – 1974
- Bachelors of Medical Science (Anatomy) , University of Ibadan – 1972 (2nd Class Upper Division)
- Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, University of Ibadan – 1974
- Certificate, Strategic Leadership and Management for Health, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore USA – 2002
- Certificate in Special Health Leadership for Maternal Child and Community Health – 2010
- Certificate in Family Planning (UK), 1980
- Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology And General Practitioners
- Fellow, National Postgraduate College (FMCOG) 1981
- Fellow, West African College of Surgeon (FWACS) 1982
- Fellow, International College of Surgeon (FICS) 1988
SCHOLARSHIPS, FELLOWSHIPS AND PRIZES
- Federal Government Scholarships, Undergraduate Medical Education,University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1969-1974
- Best medical students Dissertation in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University of Ibadan, Nigeria 1972
- Mark, Sharp and Dohme Travelling Fund to attend
- British Council Course 5 on Infertility London/Bristol, U.K 1985
- WHO Fellowship for Andrology Training, Nairobi Kenya 1985
- Training in Epidemiology, Nairobi, Kenya 1987
- H.P.I.E.G.O Sponsorship for Training In Reproductive & Sexually Transmitted Diseases 1986
HONOURS & DISTINCTIONS
- UNFPA Award in Recognition of your Immeasurable contribution to the Success of The FISTULA FORTNIGHT in Nigeria- 2005
- Kebbi State Government Commendation for “Hard Work, Commitment to Duty and Exemplary Service at the VVF Fistula Birnin Kebbi”
- Distinguished Leadership in National Development Gold Award (D’ LINGA) 2010.
- The Development in Nigeria Merit Awards (DINMA 2009)
- Platinum Standard Publications Limited – The Nigeria Merit Gold Award (NIMGPA) 2009.
- Nigeria Selfless Service Gold Award (NISSGA)/Public Lecture – November 2009.
- Elation Magazine – Nomination in to the National Development Merit Awards (NDMA 2009)
- The National Awards for Leadership in the Professions (NALEP) Septembr 2008.
- Times News 2008 Developmental Excellence Award
- Elation Communication Ltd. – Nomination into the 2nd Royal Merit Gold Awards for Distinction (RMGAD 2008)
- African Age International Achievers Gold Award for Excellence – April 2008.
- Nomination into the Great Legends in Africa Gold Awards (GLAGA) 2008.
- Elation Communication Ltd. Elation Communication Ltd. – Nomination into the Royal Merit Gold Awards for Distinction (RMGAD 2007)
- National Associational of Resident Doctors (NARD) – Award presented for being Guest Speaker – September 2009
- Award of Merit for contribution to the development of Public Health I Africa – presented by the Faculty of Public Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan.
- Award in appreciation of his contribution to the outstanding achievements and financial support between 1st August 2002 – 31st July 2006 presented by The College of Medicine,
- Alexander Brown Hall, University of Ibadan – Merit award presented by 2000/2001 Executive Council.
- Alexander Brown Hall award presented in appreciation of his meritorious contributions towards development of A.B.H. –April 1998 –1997/98 Executives as Brwonite of Honour
- Member, Global Advisory Committee, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Program on Maternal, Newborn and Child Health
- Member Global Maternal Health Task Force, ENGENDER HEALTH, USA
- Chairman, Board of Trustees: Bode Amao Foundation. A N50.0 Million Endowment Awarding Scholarships to indigent Nigerian undergraduates
MEMBERSHIP OF LEARNED SOCIETIES
- Member, International Society of Fistula Surgeons
- Member International Urogynaecology Association
- Foundation member, National Foundation on VVF
- Member, Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON)
- Member, International Society for the Study of Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Member, International Epidemiology Association
- Foundation and Council member, Nigeria Fertility Society
- Foundation member, African Fertility Society
- Member, Nigerian Society of Endoscopy
- Member, African Society for the study of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Member, Nigerian Society of Endocrinology
- Member, National Postgraduate Medical College
- Member, West African College of Surgeons
- Member, Nigerian Medical Association
- Member, International Society of Fistula Surgeons (ISOFS)
OTHER APPOINTMENTS WITH DATES
- Consultant to the John’s Hopkins Programme for International Education in Gynaecology and Obstetrics. 2004 till date
- Director, STD Training Programme, University of Ibadan 1991 till date
- Director, WHO Collaborating Centre in Research and Research Training in Human reproduction 1991 till date