The Household Air Pollution (HAP) project is a randomized controlled trail (RCT) evaluating the impact of HAP on pregnancy outcomes. HAP is responsible for over 4million premature deaths in developing countries annually, with 95,000 annual deaths in Nigeria attributed to HAP according to WHO. The goal of the study is to investigate the impact of exposure to HAP on risk of ALRI including pneumonia, atopy and asthma in children under five. Cleancook ethanol cookstove are being used for this study. The goal is that the research findings will improve our understanding of the health impact of exposure to HAP and highlight the effectiveness of an ethanol stove in improving indoor air quality. We are hopeful that final results from the study will also influence policy on appropriate cooking fuels, home construction standards and advocacy for rural electrification.
- Donee Alexander , Amanda Northcross , Nathaniel Wilson , Anindita Dutta , Rishi Pandya , Tope Ibigbami , Damilola Adu , John Olamijulo , Oludare Morhason-Bello , Theodore Karrison , Oladosu Ojengbede , and Christopher Olopade. Randomized Controlled Ethanol Cookstove Intervention and Blood Pressure in Pregnant Nigerian Women. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201606-1177OC. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. Published Online: January 12, 2017. PubMed: 28081369.
- Donee Alexander, Amanda Northcross, Matt Shupler, T John Oluseye, Tope Ibigbami, Godson Ana; Morhasson Bello, Oladosu Ojengbede, Christopher O Olopade. High Adoption Rates of an Ethanol Cookstove Associated with Reductions in Exposure to Particulate Matter in a Randomized Controlled Trial in Ibadan, Nigeria. Abstract Number: 3019 | ID: S-048
- Northcross, A. Shupler, M. Alexander, D. Olamijulo, J. Ibigbami, T. Ana, G. Ojengbede, O.A. and Olopade, C.O. 2016. Sustained usage of bioethanol cookstoves shown in an urban Nigerian city via new SUMs algorithm. Energy for Sustainable Development. 35: 35–40.
- Amanda Northcross, Matt Shupler , Donee Alexander e , […], Oladosu Ojengbede , Christopher O. Olopade . Sustained usage of bioethanol cookstoves shown in an urban Nigerian city via new SUMs algorithm. Energy for Sustainable Development 35 (2016) 35–40.
- Christopher o.Olopade, Elizabeth Frank, Emily Bartlett, Donee Alexander, […], Oladosu Ojengbede. Effect of a clean stove intervention on inflammatory biomarkers in pregnant women in Ibadan, Nigeria: A randomized controlled study. Environment international. Volume 98, January 2017, Pages 181-190. http//dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.envint.2016.11.004
- Anindita Dutta, Katherine Brito, Galina Khramstova, Ariel Mueller, Sireesha Chinthala, Donee Alexander, Damilola Adu, Tope Ibigbami, John Olamijulo, Abayomi Odetunde, Kehinde Adigun, Liese Pruitt, Olufunmilayo Olopade, Oladosu Ojengbede, Sarosh Rana, Christopher O. Olopade. Household air pollution and angiogenic factors in pregnant Nigerian women: A randomized controlled ethanol cookstove intervention. Science of The Total Environment. Volumes 599–600, 1 December 2017, Pages 2175–2181
- Anindita Dutta, Galina Khramstova, Katherine Brito, Donee Alexander, Ariel Mueller,Sireesha Chinthala, Damilola Adu, Tope Ibigbami, JohnOlamijulo, Abayomi Odetunde, Kehinde Adigun , Liese Pruitt , Ian Hurley, Olufunmilayo Olopade, Oladosu Ojengbede, Sarosh Rana, Christopher O. Olopade, Household air pollution and chronic hypoxia in the placenta of pregnantNigerian women: A randomized controlled ethanol Cookstove intervention. Science of the Total Environment 619–620 (2018) 212–220
Over the years, CPRH has pioneered and provides leadership for acquisition of RH service and research skills and has been in the forefront of translation of research into practice aimed at improving the quality of maternal, newborn and child health in the country
CPRH has a good complement of consultants who are available to participate from the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology Health Promotion and Education, Epidemiology, Biostatistics and Demography, Community Medicine, Institute of Child and Adolescent Health Sociology, among others combined to provide a wealth of experience and expertise that will effectively execute the tasks detailed therein.